Membership & Donation Information
What Do I Get With an Annual Membership?
In addition to free admission that is enjoyed by all visitors to The OPP Museum, you also get:
- Informative newsletters
- Regular information updates by mail or email
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- Invitations to exhibit openings and special events
What Do I Get For a Monetary or In-Kind Donation?
In addition to our sincere thanks, you will receive:
- A tax receipt for the cash or appraised value of donation
- Recognition on our Legacy Wall (minimum amount, annual recognition)
What Does Friends Do With Donations?
You will be helping to preserve a special part of Ontario’s heritage through:
- Hosting cultural and educational activities that increase public awareness of the importance of The OPP Museum
- Fundraising for the acquisition of rare or unique artifacts not otherwise available to the museum
- Supporting outreach programs and the distribution of educational materials across the province
Make a Donation in Someone’s Honour
In Memoriam or In Honour of gifts allow you to celebrate or remember a family member, colleague or friend by making a special gift in his or her name. Celebrate a life or acknowledge a retirement by helping Friends to fulfill its mission. A card will be sent to the individual of your choosing to acknowledge your contribution. (Fill out the online form for donations, or print out the PDF and fill it out and mail or fax it in).
A legacy or planned gift to Friends of The OPP Museum is a lasting and invaluable way to commemorate your life. Estate planning ensures that your assets will be distributed in keeping with your wishes. Why not commemorate your life or career with a gift that will support ongoing programs and exhibitions at The OPP Museum? Talk to your family and financial advisor and then give us a call at 705 330-4178. We can help to ensure that your legacy gift has the best tax advantage under current laws.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, cheques, and cash (in person only). For each transaction, please complete the appropriate form, so we know where to direct your donation and provide a tax receipt or membership information, as required.
Cheques may be mailed to:
Attn: Friends of The OPP Museum
777 Memorial Ave.
Orillia, ON L3V 7V3
Please contact our office to discuss any other desired payment method.
If you wish to donate an object, photograph or document to The OPP Museum, please contact them directly at (705) 329-6889 or by email at OPP.Museum@opp.ca.